September 22, 2023
East Room, Pierpont Commons
Sponsored by the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate & Professional Education and in partnership with the Office of Student Affairs
An 80,000 word PhD thesis would take 9 hours to present.
Your time limit… 3 minutes.
(Date: Aug. 30th, 4PM via Zoom)
(Date: Sept. 11th & 12th 3-5PM)
(Date: September 22nd 1-6PM)
The goal of Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition is to stimulate students to develop skills for effectively communicating their research in language appropriate for a non-specialist audience.
- Eligibility: Applicant must be a Ph.D. student in the College of Engineering.
- Date and Time: September 11 & September 12 from 3-5 pm.
- Where: Zoom.
- Eligibility: Selected participants from the preliminary round.
- Date and Time: September 22 from 1-6 pm.
- Where: Pierpont East Conference Room.
Register by August 20th, 2023 for an opportunity to boost your communication skills and win $$ awards!
- Registration Deadline: 11:59pm, August 20th, 2023
- EGS 3MT® Information Session: August 30th, 4PM via Zoom
- 3MT® Preliminary Round: 3 – 5 pm, September 11th & 12th | Live sessions via Zoom (link will be sent out to participants)
- Finalists Announced: September 15th
- Final 3MT® competition: 1 – 6 pm, September 22nd | East Room, Pierpont Commons
Special thanks to:
The 3 Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an academic research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.